What is aqua aerobics
Aqua aerobics is more a form of fitness than a sports discipline. It is a set of various exercises in the pool, including swimming elements. Doing aqua aerobics is useful for those who want to tighten the muscles of the body, develop coordination of movements, have a beautiful figure. Therefore, before you begin to engage in it, you need to study and take into account all the advantages and disadvantages of aerobic exercise in water.
The advantages are that:
– by itself, being in water already has a positive effect on human health: depression goes away, fatigue is removed;
– there is a small load on the spine compared to occupations in the hall;
– classes in efficiency is 7-14 times higher than another type of fitness, because when practicing in water it is necessary to overcome its resistance;
– when practicing in water, the immunity rises, the body is hardened;
– A huge part of the energy goes into it to warm the body, and this is the burning of extra calories;
– there is no age limit, as there is no danger of getting injured in class;
– pregnant women can also be engaged in the water in order to prepare their bodies for childbirth and further difficult “training” in the process of caring for the baby;
– when training in the muscles of the body does not accumulate lactic acid, so in the future there is no pain;
– during the workout the sweat is not released, it is the fat deposits that leave, and the energy is consumed twice as fast.
If you need to buy a horizontal bar on the wall, then we recommend to buy it in a specialized store WeOnSport at a bargain price. Needless to say, a home horizontal bar will help you develop your strength and maintain your health.
By themselves, aqua aerobics classes are much cheaper than a fitness club membership, if you buy a separate subscription for a one-time training session or monthly, because not in all establishments you can separately purchase admission documents for classes in the pool.
Also, water aerobics, there are a number of disadvantages. But mostly they are connected with the fact that not all people can afford to practice this type of fitness due to their state of health.
Aerobics in water is not recommended:
– people who have had a heart attack, or who have a risk of seizures. It is better for them to study individually with an experienced instructor and perform only simple exercises;
– people who have a disease like asthma. With such a disease in the water breathing is difficult due to hydrostatic pressure.
– people who have damaged eardrums; it is difficult for them to maintain balance in the water in the classroom, since the vestibular apparatus works with impairments;
– People who are prone to allergies, as the pool water contains many different impurities and an allergic reaction may occur. Also, allergy sufferers are recommended to practice in special swimming glasses;
– People who suffer from rheumatism or easily catch a cold. It is better for them to choose a pool with an average temperature above 20 degrees with a short residence time.
So, you decided to start doing water aerobics. Initially, you need to choose equipment for water training. The first thing you need is a swimsuit or swimming trunks. In addition, slippers are needed to protect feet from scratches and irregularities on the pool floor. If you are going to dive, get special swimming glasses.
It is also necessary to remember about the protection of the head, as chlorine and other substances contained in the water, have a very adverse effect on the condition of the hair. Be sure to purchase a special cap. If classes require additional equipment, then, as a rule, it is provided by a fitness club.
In training on aqua aerobics can be used:
1. Foam bars and dumbbells. They do not sink in water and have a small weight.
2. Gloves that during training increase water resistance.
3. Plastic wrist pads. They perform the same function as gloves.
4. Noodles – bending pole of foam. The average thickness of 10 centimeters. It maintains balance and can increase water resistance during exercise.
5. Special weights on the legs and on the hands.
6. Support belt.
7. Flippers, rubber pole or stick to perform various exercises.
In the case when the fitness club does not offer such equipment, then all this can be bought in almost any sporting goods store. If you have the necessary equipment, then you are almost ready for training.
Be sure to follow the safety rules in the pool:
1. Start small. The load on the workout and the number of classes increase gradually, in order to avoid overloading the body.
2. No need to increase the load quickly. After class, you should have a feeling of slight fatigue, and your body should be in good shape.
3. Exercise not too often, but regularly. It is better to make a schedule of visits to classes in aqua aerobics.
4. Never go no workout with a full stomach.